Are you someone who likes to eat or drink sweets but want to take care of your health at the same time? Are you looking for a great sugar substitute? Probably yes, because each of us wants to be healthy and fit. Taking a lot of sugar in your diet is unhealthy, but as every problem has a solution, you can have a healthy alternative to sugar. i.e., honey. Here in this article, you will know how natural honey can be a beneficial substitute for sugar.
Why is Honey a Healthier Option as Compared with Sugar?
If you are fond of eating sweets and cannot resist, you must add sugar to whichever thing possible. But you have to pause and rearrange your sweet eating habits. The best way to do it is by adding honey to your diet instead of sugar and other artificial sweeteners.
Honey has a lot of health benefits. Unlike sugar, it contains less glycemic impact, which doesn’t increase blood sugar level. Sugar has more amount of fructose and lacks trace minerals and vitamins. Although sugar and honey are both composed of glucose and fructose, their proportions are not the same. But, to take advantage of all the benefits honey offers, it is imperative to think from where you can get good honey to buy.
Sugar has 50 % glucose and 50 % fructose, honey: 30 % glucose and 40 % fructose. Here sugar is equally proportioned between the two, and hence this type of sugar breaks down in the body but not properly, and therefore there is a rush in the blood glucose, and the remaining accumulate as fat and grease. Whereas in honey, there is a small amount of glucose and fructose, also it comprises another complex type of sugars. The enzymes which come from bees partially break down sugars in honey, and thus it is easier to digest honey than that sugar.
Here is honey; there is a decent amount of fructose (which is responsible for sweetness) which can satisfy your cravings and is way healthier than sugar. You can take a small amount of it, and you won’t get disappointed.
The best form of taking honey is the raw one as it doesn’t comprise any preservatives and additives. Also, honey can be used for various edible purposes as a sugar replacement. For example, you can add honey in tea, coffee, granola, yogurt, several baking recipes, and many more. The list won’t end anyway!
Various types of honey are –
- Pumpkin blossom honey
- Buckwheat honey
- Blueberry honey
- Organic honey
List of Health Advantages of Honey
- More Nutritious: the nutritional constituents of honey differ based on nectar. Generally, honey has a few local pollen and other constituents like minerals, vitamins, antioxidants, amino acids, and enzymes. Moreover, it consists of traces of vitamins and minerals too.
- Helps to Cure Illness and Allergies: it has antibiotic and anti-inflammatory effects. This is why using honey with lemon to calm the pain that comes from allergies and cold. When honey goes inside your body, it enables the body to generate antibiotic agents, lessens the power of your body’s allergies, and fights against the disease.
- Boosts Immunity: honey has antibiotic and antibacterial agents, which are really helpful to increase your body’s immunity level. The short recipe for it is – make a mixture of honey and lemon in a glass of water and drink that mix in the morning.
- Prevents Vicious Diseases: as we know, honey has anti-inflammatory properties, and thus it protects your body from heat-related illness and cancer.
- Helps in Healing: you can make a honey gel and use it as a cream to heal wounds. Studies show that honey is beneficial in safely treating wounds, burns, and ulcers.
- Provides Energy: as we know, coffee can give us instant energy but contains many calories and sugar; you should instead use honey. It is a natural form of energy booster as it has fructose and glucose in good proportions. Honey is an instant and safe way of increasing energy.
- Good for Skin and Hair: with all the benefits honey gives inside your body, it can keep you beautiful externally too. You can use honey in making homemade face masks and scrubs. It can give a natural shine and glow to your skin with no side effects. Moreover, you can make hair conditioners out of it. It reduces your dandruff and nourishes your hair.
- Boosts Sporty Performance: honey helps maintain a glycogen level for energy.
This article concludes that honey is a healthier alternative to sugar. It has many good properties that can make you fitter and that too with a delicious sweet taste. Honey comes in various varieties, and the best form of it is the raw one. Moreover, it is good for your skin and hair. It has medical advantages as well. So, if you are now thinking about where can I buy natural honey, then Healthy Honey is the best place to buy all-natural and pure honey from. Honey can make you enjoy the natural sweetness in your diet, which will help you be healthy and glowing.